We firmly believe that responsible tourism is essential to guaranteeing travel opportunities for future generations. We have committed to minimizing our environmental footprint and to respect the traditional way of life of those whose territories we pass.
Since inception, we have involved the local communities in our decision making.
From supplying goods and services to employment, to environmental cleanliness and community development.
Some of the projects that the Amazon King has been involved with include: building health clinics and schools, digging clean water wells, supporting the local orphanages and river clean up projects. As well as the contributions of medical supplies and school materials.
At our lodge with have a strict policy of recycling and use glass and reusable products whenever possible. We compost our organic waste and have septic tanks for our sewage. Currently we are in the process of installing solar panels in an effort to reduce our carbon footprint even further.
See below for more information on our responsible tourism information
We consider environmental management a company priority, committing ourselves to complying with all environmental legislation
* Annually review our quantifiable goals to reduce levels of solid waste, pollution, fire hazards and the disturbance of wildlife caused by our activities.
* Responsibly use tourist attractions and the surrounding natural resources, preventing their unnecessary abuse, therby minimizing impacts caused to the flora and fauna.
* Promote the training of workers, clients and suppliers in the maintenance of the Environmental Management System, ensuring the compliance of the environmental goals through continuous improvement.
* We purchase our food from local farms and markets and support small business enterprises by patronizing locally owned businesses.\
* We employ local staff, tour leaders and guides.
* We work with our business partners in the host destinations to implement the highest standards and where necessary work out an agenda on how these standards can be met. We will take into consideration economic, environmental and cultural issues when looking at new destinations.
* We strive to ensure that our scale of tourism is appropriate to local conditions and only operate within the limits set by local infrastructure and carrying capacity.
* We aim to minimize water and atmospheric pollution from tourism developments.
* We provide regular and ongoing training, in the principles and practices of responsible tourism, both to our staff and other members of our community.
* We provide financial support for local economic and environmental projects that will benefit our communities.
* We ensure that local staff and operators receive a fair rate for their services and do not exploit anyone.
* We provide our clients with advice and guidelines on how to respect the social, cultural and religious beliefs of local communities.